Wednesday, July 31, 2013

McLobster or McMinion?


I finally got around to trying the McLobster.  While it's new here in Ontario, it has shown it's face for over a decade in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. 

We must remember that although it's 100% Atlantic Lobster, it's still McDonald's - I had low expectations going in.  I mean how fresh could it be if it's traveling from Eastern Canada McD's style?

First impression - there's way too much lettuce. This roll suffers from a terrible lobster to lettuce ratio. That's all you really taste - lettuce and water. The lobster itself was fresher than I thought it would be given that it was from McDonald's. My roll was not drenched in "light salad dressing" which really is code for mayo.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Although, it does shout inconsistent - observe one that is drenched:


You can taste the celery and green onions but the hint of lemon was nonexistent. The bun looked toasted, but it was soft in texture. 

Overall, not a winner in my books. I've never been a fan of all these gimmicky sandwiches that McDonald's churns out - and no, the McRib is not an exception. But it is what it is. And I had to try it at least once. 


No comments:

Post a Comment