Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Can't Resist the Napoleon Square at Marché!

Marché
181 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5J 2T3
647-350-6999
www.marche-int.com


For those of you who don't know, Marché isn't really a restaurant but a marketplace as the name suggests.  At Marché, you are immersed into an environment where you can interact with a variety of international street vendors serving up food with the freshest of ingredients.  You create a tab by logging it on your Marché card and you pay for all your consumed items when you leave.  It has always been quite a unique concept.

But for me, the novelty of Marché has come and gone...for the most part.  It's no longer a place that comes to mind when I am deciding where to dine out.  Gone are the days that I crave for a Rösti, a Swiss pan-fried potato dish that the chain is known for (at least for me).

However, when I am in the vicinity of one just out of happenstance, the thought of their mouthwatering Napoleon Square is enough to allure me back.  It's hard for me to resist such a delicious treat.

The Napoleon variant at Marché contains a generous amount of velvety smooth custard and strawberry slices sandwiched between two layers of flaky puff pastry.  On top, it is finished with powdered sugar and whipped cream.  I highly recommend it!
Marche Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment