Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Starving for Real!


B. Benny with Beans

I went back to Starving Artist (Starving4Waffle) on a Sunday for brunch because I was so impressed with their potato waffles my last visit. Not quite a latka, the potato waffles are made in a waffle maker which creates a thin crispy crust and a fleshy interior. Ingenious!  My last visit, I also had perfectly poached eggs with runny yolks and a devilishly good Hollandaise glaze. 

So there was no mistake that I would order the B. Benny which marries both of those elements together!

Unfortunately this visit was horrendous in terms of service!  Granted we were a large group of 10 and they usually are packed on the weekends, but it should not have taken an hour to get our food. At the very least, give us an update if you are running behind. There was no apology!  As expected, my eggs were overcooked. Go on a weekday if you still want to try them and and remain unscathed from this review!

Starving Artist
1078 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M6E 1A5

Date Visited:  May 24, 2015


Click to add a blog post for Starving Artist on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment