Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Daily Specials are a Great Value at Liberty Shawarma

Chicken Shawarma
I went to Liberty Shawarma (@LibertyShawarma) on Queen East for a quick bite to eat during lunch.  Walking in, it was the first I've heard of the place, but I quickly discovered that this location was one of three that existed across the city.  My guess was that the Liberty Village location on Atlantic was the first, given the namesake of this Middle Eastern joint. 

So three locations...this place must be good, right?  Well, I can tell you that Liberty Shawarma's food is fresh, tasty, and priced well. 

Nothing screams value like their Monday special: two shawarma chicken sandwiches for $9.99, especially considering their small is usually $6.99.  You would think they would try to scrimp on quality and size but that simply isn't the case. They took what I consider a medium-sized pita (x2) and packed it to the brim with fresh ingredients: onions, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles with succulent pieces of chicken topped with garlic sauce and optional green hot sauce.  Fantastic!  There was just the right amount of sauce as the sandwich was moist but it didn't drip (this held true even with the second sandwich that I saved for dinner) - a plus if you are on the go. 

If ever in the neighborhood, I would definitely go back... especially for their daily specials.  

Click here to view their daily specials from Monday to Saturday.

On Sunday, all daily specials are available!

Date Visted:  February 23, 2015

Liberty Shawarma on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment